Join a small, well-funded, high-potential tech company that offers excellent pay, unparalleled flexibility, early-employee benefits, and the opportunity to have a significant impact on the future of a fast-growing company.
AddEvent is a globally distributed marketing technology SaaS company with team members in the United States, Canada, Denmark, Spain, Romania, and Malaysia. We create best-in-class calendar marketing and event management solutions that are used by thousands of companies around the world. AddEvent is known for both its high-quality tools and excellent customer service. We believe that just solving a problem isn’t good enough - our goal is to delight our customers through every interaction, both directly and through our products. Our team has a lot of fun together, and we hold ourselves to a very high standard. We love working with people who are excellent at what they do and care about their work. At AddEvent, there is incredible growth and limitless potential ahead. Join our early-stage team to build a future with us.
About the role
In your role as a Senior Software Engineer at AddEvent, you will assume a pivotal position in the building and launching of new products and features, while advancing and improving our existing functionality. Your role will involve close collaboration with cross-functional teams to design, execute, and iterate across our products and infrastructure, with a goal of growing and expanding our reach, while ensuring resilience, scalability, and long-term sustainability. This exceptional opportunity empowers you to leverage your technical expertise and effect substantial change in our production software, which is actively used by thousands of customers.
This is a full-time, fully remote position for someone within PT to ET time zones and comes with an excellent compensation package, including a competitive salary, equity, and top-tier health, dental, and vision coverage.
What you'll be responsible for
- Full-stack development: develop our web application stack, leading by example through your own code. You’ll be conducting code reviews to maintain and improve code quality and contribute to our coding standards guidelines.
- System architecture: contribute to the architectural decisions and design of our software, ensuring scalability, security, and performance. You’ll be expected to generate detailed documentation that includes flowcharts, layouts and diagrams where applicable.
- Product understanding and collaboration: collaboration will be at the forefront of your role, as you'll work closely with the product team to collectively define requirements and gain a comprehensive grasp of how projects contribute to the broader product landscape.
- Project ownership: to succeed in this role, you must adopt an ownership mentality that extends beyond the confines of your individual tasks. You'll be expected to take charge of driving the development process, ensuring the project stays on course and avoiding any scope creep that could derail it. Moreover, a holistic view means identifying potential roadblocks and proactively seeking solutions throughout the development phase, rather than narrowly focusing on your own responsibilities. This mindset allows you to shepherd the project from its inception through a successful launch, embodying a comprehensive, end-to-end approach to your work.
- Problem solving: identify and address technical challenges and performance bottlenecks while ensuring the highest level of software quality.
- Technical leadership: exhibit strong leadership qualities by inspiring and motivating the team and fostering a collaborative and productive work environment.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience developing scalable web applications in languages such as PHP or Python.
- Proficiency with Symfony framework is a big plus.
- Significant experience in designing, developing, and maintaining RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services including ECS, ECR, EC2, S3, Lambda, and RDS.
- Strong relational database experience, ideally MySQL.
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps.
- Proven experience working in early-stage startups, demonstrating the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Proven experience in a technical leadership role, demonstrating the ability to lead, mentor, and inspire other engineers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical team members.
Meeting the requirements above is imperative, but you will set yourself apart by going above and beyond in the following areas:
- You possess and demonstrate integrity. You are honest, direct, and respectful
- You embrace, respect, and learn from others' differences
- You strive for excellence. Quality and excellence count in everything we do, and it shows
- You are passionate about creating incredible customer experiences
- You put customers first and recognize that we only succeed when they succeed
- You are self-motivated, proactive and positive, with a dedicated work ethic
- You have an inquisitive mind and a desire to solve problems, no matter how big or small
Why should you apply?
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits
- Opportunity for true ownership over your work, with the chance to directly impact the future of a young company
- High-performing and a tight-knit team dedicated to quality and execution without unnecessary bureaucracy
- Fun and growth-oriented work environment
Apply for this job
To apply, send your application to:
Please introduce yourself and include the following information:
- Full name
- LinkedIn profile (optional)
- GitHub profile (optional)
- Cover letter (optional)
- How you heard about this job
We're excited to get to know you!