This guide explains how to use add-to-calendar links and why they are useful. You can use the add-to-calendar links in emails, newsletters, and campaigns. They work especially well with MailChimp, Marketo, Salesforce, and other campaign services. This means you have a simple and efficient way to get events onto your attendees' calendars. To begin, follow the steps below to navigate to the Event Page.
- Sign in to your account at AddEvent.com
- Click Dashboard on the top left of the website homepage
- Select the calendar that contains the event you would like to share and click on the event
- Click the icon that takes you to the Event page
Add to Calendar Links
From the Event Page, scroll down to the Add to Calendar links section. You will find two styles of links, one with the calendar services' icons and one with text only. When your users click any of the links, they’ll be taken to one of two places, depending on if you have enabled RSVP functionality.
- If you have not enabled RSVP functionality, when your users click one of the add-to-calendar links, they’ll be taken directly to the specific calendar service of the link they clicked. Your users will then be prompted to add the event to their calendar service with a single click. They may be asked to log in to their calendar service if they are not already logged in.
- If you have enabled RSVP functionality, when your users click any of the add-to-calendar links, they’ll be redirected to the event landing page. There they will be able to see the event details, read the event description, RSVP for the event, and then use an add-to-calendar button built into the landing page to select a calendar service to which to add the event. They will then be redirected to their selected calendar service where they will be prompted to save the event. They may be asked to log in to their calendar service if they are not already logged in.
Follow the steps below to share your Add to Calendar link:
- Choose from the two styles provided and copy the text in the box by clicking the Copy button in the top right corner
- Paste it into the content editor of your email, newsletter, or campaign (see Gmail example below)