Thursday, September 21, 7:30pm - 10:30pm (EDT)
Your search did not return any results.
Join the Rally for Clean Water! This free event will be an opportunity to bring the community together to raise awareness, discuss solutions, and inspire action for the water quality issues facing Teton County. Enjoy food trucks, a raffle, and fun and interactive exhibits for the whole family!
Learn about how climate issues affect water issues, existing water quality problems across Teton County, and celebrate the power of community to make a difference.
For long-term water protection, we need broad awareness and cooperation amongst individuals, businesses, elected officials, and visitors. This event will share science-based information about the state of our water and our urgent need for local clean water initiatives to secure a future with clean water.
- - -
Keynote Speaker: Erica Gies
Author of “Water Always Wins: Thriving in an Age of Drought and Deluge”
Erica is an award-winning independent journalist who writes about water, climate change, plants, and critters for Scientific American, The New York Times, The Atlantic, National Geographic, The Economist, and The Washington Post.
She will talk about the “Slow Water” movement detailed in her book. Practitioners aim to collaborate with water rather than try to control it. Slow Water solutions are place-specific and community oriented. They center on water’s relationships with rocks, microbes, plants, and animals, including humans. Gies reminds us that water’s true nature is to flex with the rhythms of the earth: the slow phases absorb floods, store water for droughts, and feed natural systems.
Join us at the Center for the Arts on Thursday, September 21 starting at 5:30 pm:
Event Schedule --
* Food trucks | 5:30–7:00 pm
- Street Tacos
* Interactive Lobby Exhibits | 5:30–7:00 pm (in English + Español)
- Water Bingo contest | Bingo de Agua concurso: Win a prize! | ¡Ganar un premio!
- Mighty Macroinvertebrates! Aquatic Insects | ¡Poderosos Macroinvertebrados!
- Plants Purify | Las Plantas Purifican
- Poop Pollutes! Dog Poop Toss contest | ¡El Popo Contamina! Concurso: Win a prize! | ¡Ganar un premio!
- Stream Trailer | “Stream Trailer”
- What is Groundwater? | ¿Qué son las aguas subterráneas?
- Would You Drink This Water? | ¿Beberias esta agua?
- Much Ado About Septic | Mucho Alboroto Sobre la Fosa Séptica
- WildWalls augmented reality animation Digital Scavenger Hunt | Búsqueda del Tesoro Digital (Download the Artivive phone app before you come!)
- Postcard Writing Table – write a love letter to your favorite local waterway!
- "A Walk through our Watershed" Display
- Educational Videos: Our Water Quality Issues + Solutions
- WildWalls Water Quality Virtual Mural Tour Video in the Theater | 6:35–7:00 pm
- POWJH Merch – Hats, Sun Shirts, Tank Tops and More!
* Face Painting by Emily Boespflug | 5:30–7:00 pm
* Book signing in the lobby, before and after the presentation
* Theatre – Presentations + Livestream | 7:00 pm
- Meghan Quinn – Executive Director, Protect Our Water JH: "The State of Water in Teton County"
- Keynote Speaker: Erica Gies
* Raffle (Enter to Win at the event, but you don't need to be present to win!)
- Announcement of Raffle winners in the lobby after the presentations
- Enter to win fantastic raffle prizes:
Stand-up paddle board from Rendezvous River Sports; Suite Dreams Package at The Wort Hotel; Room + Dinner for Two at South Fork Lodge in Swan Valley Idaho; 7” Santoku knife from New West KnifeWorks, items from Stio, Fine Dining Restaurant, and Snake River Brewing and more!
This event is not to be missed! To learn more visit powjh.org/rally. See you at the Rally!
Center for the Arts, 240 S. Glenwood St., Jackson, 83001, WY, USA
Protect Our Water Jackson Hole