When you share a landing page for an event with a recurring rule, we add a short text explanation of the rule to the landing page, next to the date and time. By default, that explanation text is in English, but we also support translating the text into 12 different languages, based on the language setting of the custom landing page template.
In order to update the language of the recurring rule explanation text (and also update the date and time format of the event), then simply follow the below steps:
- Create an event with a recurring rule. Click on the event in the dashboard and open the event detail page.
- Scroll down to the "Event landing page" section and click the white "Custom templates" button on the right hand side underneath the "Custom event page" heading.
- On the event landing page templates page, click the blue "New templates" button.
- Choose a language from the dropdown. See below for a list of languages that support the recurring rule explanation text translation.
- Add a template name, and then click the blue "Create" button at the bottom of the template file.
- The last thing to do is to apply your new template to your event landing page. Go back to the event page, and scroll down to the "Event landing page" section again. Click the dropdown that says "Standard template", choose the template you just created and click the blue "Set" button.
- To preview your event landing page, simply click the link for the event landing page to open it in a new tab.
The following languages are currently supported to translate the recurring rule explanation text:
- English (EN)
- German (DE)
- Spanish (ES)
- Persian (FA)
- Finnish (FI)
- French (FR)
- Hebrew (HE)
- Italy (IT)
- Dutch (NE)
- Polish (PL)
- Portuguese (PT)
- Swedish (SV)